There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Tin Cannon is the annual print journal of PoetrIE, from Redlands, California. We are currently looking for original, thought provoking poetry, short fiction, and nonfiction for Issue 3.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Submissions of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, travel essays, or interviews are welcome.
- Though we are based in the Inland Empire, and strive to support our local literary community, we accept all high quality work, regardless of origin.
- At this time we are only looking for previously unpublished work.
- For our purposes, we require First Electronic Rights, with non-exclusive archival permissions. All other rights revert to the author. All work published on PoetrIE.net is eligible to be published in our annual print anthology. Permission to publish work in print will be arranged with the author, should that occasion arise.
- Poetry(no more than 5 per submission period)
- Flash fiction(Multiple pieces are ok. Not to exceed 15 pages in total length.)
- Short fiction, interviews, critical essays and other non-fiction(no more than 15 double-spaced pages)
- Important: Each individual piece should be uploaded separately as a Word document(.doc or .docx) with the title of the piece as the title of the document.
- We ask that all submissions be accompanied by a short bio of the author. That way we don’t have to hunt you down for one if we accept your work.
Please allow up to three months for a response, as we will have inboxes full of things to read. We understand the need to submit your work in many places at once. Multiple Submissions are just fine by us. We only ask that, if your work is accepted elsewhere, we be notified as soon as possible.